Lyn S. Gulbransen
Sacramento, Ca. US
+1 415 290 6844/ +1 916 482 7717
Project and Operations Management
Independent Consultant- Sacramento Ca. Sept 04- present
First Security Loans, Santa Rosa – Wireless 802.11 hotdesk network implementation
Private Party- Home network rebuild
Conversus Media Limited – Business plan evaluation and rewrite
Head of Broadband Call Centre Migration – Consultant – London UK
· Role: Examination, evaluation, recommendation and implementation of the migration of a 30 seat 24X7 ADSL2+ LLU call centre from its previous to the new call center partner.(India to Bulgaria)
§ The project was so successful that the company not only saved £24,000 in OPEX while increasing agent count, but increased customer satisfaction by 50% and satisfied buyer (O2) so that the sale of the company went forward. The best part is the pride I felt at having launched a confident and talented team in such short order.
§ Performed RFQ evaluation, selection of partner, hiring and training of agents, contract negotiations, ACD implementation, IVR and data access.
§ Met with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and goals
§ Reviewed and analyzed the effectiveness and efficiency of existing call center and developed strategies for improving these capabilities and prepared and delivered reports, recommendations, and alternatives that addressed existing and potential trouble areas with call center across the organization
§ Change management and assessment of impacts and implications throughout project timeline, including development of strategies, readiness assessment, development of training and communications
§ Coordinated with internal and offshore development groups
§ Safeway - Customer Service evaluations for a large retail chain
§ L’Estasi Dolce Planned dialogs and table design for product demonstrations and trained demonstrators.
§ Crema Italia - Planned dialogs and table design for product demonstrations and trained demonstrators. Generated sales to reduce stock by 75%
§ Fairfax Public Access Television -Evaluation and correction of DNS errors Future proofed DNS implementation to avoid further discrepancies
Brightview Internet Services March 2002 – June 2004
Head of Broadband Operations, London UK
Work for Friends for Free Feb. 02 - March 02
Director of Access Technologies, London UK Aug 2000 –Feb. 02
Adevia was a “start-up” Telecoms Company focused on a pan-European aggregation of diverse broadband access technologies and security services to serve ISPs through a common interface. Comms Week International at one point, described Adevia as “Most Exciting Telco”.
· Lead a team of engineers to define Adevia’s products, including gathering European market research information on telecommunications.
· Responsible for the quality of the end-product Adevia delivered to its customers. In this role, became involved in all aspects of product delivery, including operations and network planning. Key outputs included:
Ø network infrastructure design with ultimate responsibility for final CPE selections including those for security products;
Ø definition of the internal provisioning flows [a very complex part of the business given the number of suppliers] and the design of an e-bonding interface which enabled Adevia to operationally link its network with the network of its suppliers and customers;
Ø identification and localisation of an IP/VPN product for the European market
Ø setting internal operating procedures for the security of the corporate network and data centres
· Acted as the key technical resource for strategy, sales, marketing and human resources.
investment opportunity to Doughty Hanson & Co, a Tier 1 Venture Capital firm
XO Communications Sept. 95 – Aug. 2000
Manager of Advanced Network Engineering, California
Various positions held at InterNex, Concentric, NextLink, XO. (InterNex was an early and highly innovative Silicon Valley ISP, acquired by Concentric Networks in 1998. Concentric was acquired by US CLEC Nextlink in 2000. Nextlink subsequently changed its name to XO.)
· Directed the technical, operational and support development of all access products (SDSL, ADSL, IPVPN) and CPE through to launch readiness.
· Technical product definition and documentation for support of US 50 state implementation of PPPoE over DSL access.
· Product implementation of bi-directional satellite access product.
· Alpha testing of NextLink’s national DSL DSLAM deployment, CPE configuration; defined test strategy & network acceptance criteria.
· Advisory role on proposed Concentric DSL UK launch viability (BT DataStream vs. IPStream vs. LLU); negotiated trial with Versapoint in the Netherlands.
· Provided direction to corporate trainers, Network Operations, Provisioning, and technical documentation to Level 1, 2 and 3.
· Technical product and support implementation of SBC’s (Southwestern Bell, PacBell, Ameritech) initial 13 data products.
Emerging Technologies Engineer
· Phone and desk side support for 30+ staff and 450 students
· In service and training district staff on systems, software and internet access
· Developed integrated computer curriculum for grades K-6
· Taught 15 integrated tech sections each week to student groups of 30
· Assessed needs, delineated and coordinated purchase of equipment and software
· Founding Member: Sonoma State University K-12 Education Online Network
· Member: CUE (Computer Using Educators)
· Member: CRPUSD Technology Plan Writing Committee.
· Software Evaluation: CalTIP (California Technology Information Project
“Support of Home Media Networks”, IEEE DSL World Forum, October 2001
“Provisioning” - DSL Forum Technical Strands, Vienna, Austria 1999
“CPE Configuration and Management” Montreux, Switzerland 1999
“Operations and Network Management” Washington DC, USA 1999
Prior Experience upon request
PMI membership ID: 929819
Red Cross Disaster Training: First Aid, CPR, Mass Shelter, Logistics 2005
BT EcO Certification, London UK 2003,
Shasta Certification, Santa Clara, California
Redback Certification, Santa Clara California
Training on various CPE; Netopia, Siemens Efficient, Cisco, Samsung, 3Com, DLink, Netgear, Motorola, Copper Mountain, Linksys, Trancell, ECI, Allied
Cisco Certification Classes, Santa Clara California: TCP/IP,
Basic Cisco Router Configuration, Advanced Router Configuration 1996
Sonoma State University; Rohnert Park California. Psychology 1969-1971
American River College; Sacramento, California. General Education 1968-1969